Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Saga Ends...

YAY!!!

Big Blue is finally finished and boy is he heavy! I still haven't figured out how I'm going to get him out of the basement...even with his wheels.

I would post a picture, but I'm really wanting you folks to come out to Cranky Yellow this Friday(07.03.09) around 8:30 to see myself, .e and Bill Tucker and friends. Then you can see my new pedal board, listen to some sweet ass tunes, and hang out with me. I mean c'mon! There should be no thinking...just GO!

I spent most of the day today at El's place making the final edits on the album. Why has this taken so long? Well, there are a few reasons...the main one being, I'M SO EFFING TIRED OF LISTENING TO THIS ALBUM...IT'S MAKING ME CRAZY...ALMOST TO THE POINT THAT I DON'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE! Seriously, it's getting pretty old...but it's work that has to be done. Editing is a very important aspect of the flow of an album and it cannot be overlooked...plus I'm picky. And having a sense of pickiness (yes I'll make up my own word) and monotonous redundancy causes me to fight with myself. Either I don't care, or I have to do this right...Pick one!

I then spent the rest of the late afternoon/evening memorizing stage banter lines that I've written for myself. I wish I had more time before this show on Friday, but I think all will be fine. Just trying to think of ways to entertain you folks while I'm setting everything up for the next song. So I'll be rehearsing for 4 hours each night until Friday to make sure that I don't even have to think about what I'm doing anymore. Did I already mention monotonous redundancy?

I also just want to quickly mention while I'm finally gained my composure and self. Michael Jackson is one of the best things that could have ever happened to me as a child. Just listening to his music brings me back to my family, summer days, bbq's, dance off's, and all around happiness. Janet's Control and Rhythm Nation does the same. So when he passed last Thursday, it felt like those days left with him. I'm glad I had this experience with him, although I've never met him, nor been to any of his concerts. (watched all the live videos 5x over with my papa though) This was something that was shared by not only blacks, but ethnic groups and generations of the world. Although I'm absolutely devastated that he's gone, I'm even more saddened at the people who cannot relate. He was the most unique entertainer I ever seen, and probably ever will see. And a handful of you missed it.

That is the real shame.


...and I still love him...

~Syrhea

2 comments:

  1. i'm going to be out of town friday :( have a great show! good to hear you're done with the record too! -kenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kenny...

    When are we going to get together and jam by the way?

    ReplyDelete