Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Delays in Sagas

So...

Yeah...

I'm not too happy right now...

My pedal board is practically finished...FINISHED! But am I going to get to use it at tonight's show? (Viva Voce et al) Nope. Should I really be complaining? Probably not...but I went out of my way to give a local hardware store some business. They promised me my item would be in on Monday... ...that promise was made last Tuesday... have I heard anything yet? Nope. I mean c'mon, seriously? This is why Ma and Pa business are going down... I could have gotten this shit by Friday of last week if I had just ordered it online! I knew I should have done that. What was I thinking?

I guess there's always the July shows. The 3rd is approaching faster than I'd like. Mostly because I'm having a really hard time with volume levels between the Headrush, Repeater and the Jamman. The chain of wiring events goes as follows:

All instruments to Mixer
Mixer to Pedal Board
TU-12
OD-20
Big Muff
Whammy
Small Stone
Holy Grail
DD-20
Headrush
Repeater
Jamman

Pedal Board to Bass Rig

Here's a lovely picture I drew!
CLICK TO ENLARGE


With this set up, the Jamman will be the "drum machine" per se, while the repeater takes over the looping and the Headrush and DD-20 can serve their main purpose. DELAY Delay delay delay. Which is a lot of fun and is definitely adding to my orchestrated sound. I still use the Headrush and the Jamman as loop pedals on the old tunes...which is where the problem I stated above lies. I'm not sure if I have the mixer output level too high or if it's the Headrush's or the Jamman's or the Repeater's but my levels aren't fitting in the correct spot with my drum machine. Yes, I could just push the drum machine volume up, but when I do so, it effects all the loops being recorded into it...causing the loop to be louder than the current instrument that I'm playing. And that poor Backline didn't sign up for that. I'm slowly breaking him, and I know it. Which is why I desperately need a PA system to run this craziness through.

So this one seemingly little problem will and can indeed cause me to spend a whole 8 hour day to figure out and fix. This is what I plan to do after I post this nonsense. And the process is painfully frustrating and monotonous. I guess the first place I should start is to re-recording all the drum beats onto my Jamman...this way I'll know that they're all at the same exact volume. I anticipate this alone taking a few hours and I already don't want to do it. But like I said before, I can only depend on myself...I can't let anything stop me...not even myself. So let's get this loopage started right...

But I'm kinda hungry...

I will let hunger stop me...

...temporarily...

I'm going to get some food...

Hope to see some of you at the stella show tonight! It's early, all ages and it'll be fun!

...that is all...

~Syrhea

No comments:

Post a Comment