Monday, May 25, 2009

The Saga of the Pedal Board (pt.6)

Happy Memorial Day!

This past Saturday, I finally traveled to good ol' Springfield Mo to visit my nephew. He's about 3 months old and this was the first time I've seen him.



The kid's adorable, and he's stuck with me. He'll soon realize that I'm going to be the craziest aunt he'll ever have.
...
...because I'm his only aunt...
...
...and I'm the craziest by default.

The 3 hour trip down and back (same day) proved to be quick. I listened to my album 4 times; twice on the way there and twice on the way back. (It's about 45 minutes long) I believe El and I have accomplished much and although there are still (STILL) some tweeks I'd like to make, if I were to release it now, I'd be pleased.

I'm really hoping to have this out by the end of summer or beginning of fall. This whole project has proven to be a lot of work...and money. I had some artist lined up to do the artwork, but they all fell through for various reasons. But this is not going to stop me. Syna was born because of former band mates not believing that my songs were "songs". I think it's fitting that not only did I record, produce, and mix (etc) this damn record, I might as well do the artwork. I'm on a mission, and I'm not going to let the nay-sayers, non-believers, jealous-opposers drag me down anymore. Sometimes, a person can only depend on themselves... So once the pedal board is complete, the artwork will begin.

But first, the pedal board.

I spent most of the early evening sanding this sommamma bitch down but only after I sanded a sample piece to test my dye. I went with blue because I think it'll look cool.





I tested the dye solution (8oz H2O) at 10gtts; 20gtts; 40gtts; and 50gtts. I believe I got the shade I'm looking for. I'm waiting for the test board to dry so that I can see if the dye solution warped the wood in any way. If I can get away with not using denatured alcohol, that would be great. Either way, I'll probably be staining the sucker tomorrow after I finish puddying up some holes and test the polyurethane finish I got. I'm pretty excited.

I'm sticking to a blue theme with this board. I've already got some sweet ass casters to add to this mega box and it's going to be the sweetness!

Anyway, for any of you Lou City Folk, .e has put together another Tower Grove Park show this Sunday. (05.31.09) I will be playing (violin/vox) as well as:
.e

the staircase

of course you realize...

true callahan

sleep in sundays

killer b and the drones

mavis concave

color blind

andrew markee

We'll be there around 1pm. Message me for the location in the park.

...also .e has a facebook page and I suggest you all should become a fan.

...that is all...

~Syrhea

No comments:

Post a Comment