Sunday, August 9, 2009

Listeners and Parties and Releases OH MY!

Many things to say but only 2 things are really important.

First the unimportant stuff. (In my opinion...not that's it's unimportant, you've already heard or knew it was coming...I don't know...who cares/ SHALL WE?)

I'm proud to say that I've successfully animated 318 frames to my music video!

Oh yes!

Is it finished?

Well...no but it's halfway! BOOYAH! I've got 1 minute and 20 seconds (and counting) of it finished, and I'm very confident it'll be entertaining your beautiful eyes in about 2 weeks.

The mastered disk is back in the hands of Jack. There were just 3 small things that weren't sitting well with me. Although I've had a few close friends listen to the album,and they have no idea why I'm sending it back, I know I'll never be able to listen to two songs without shaking my head. I would never forgive myself.

Having regrets like,'What did I see in you?', 'Why did I eat that chili before this meeting?', 'Why didn't I slap that bitch in the face?' is one thing, but this?...nononono. No regrets.

Jack did an awesome job and I'm lucky he's willing to work on the changes.

The album art. Well it's done...kinda. You know it looks nice and stuff. But my poor band mate Jim is totally slammed at his job. He's been slammed for a while and I feel bad for him. So for now, I'll print maybe about 10 cd's or so for the press and promotion and save the REAL ONES for you listeners.

And speaking of you listeners... the first of you who signed up on my mailing list last month will be receiving a free mp3 from this album next week. Think of it as a thank you for putting up with my weekly emails and reading this blog. I appreciate every last one of you! If you aren't signed up to the mailing list but you want to receive a free mp3, you can either send me an email @ synasoloproject@gmail.com or simply sign up on my mailing list by visiting http://www.synasoloproject.com/contact.html

Soo exciting!



The Important Stuff!





The Jovian Chorus will be having it's first CD Release Party this month (08.21.09) @ the Firebird! I think you all should come and give Mr. Moseley a big pat on the back. He pretty much recorded all the instruments (except a few) himself as well as arrangement and composition of the songs. (Trust me, that shit's meticulous) With Mr. Jones at his side pounding out the mixes, and production, I can very well say the record sounds pretty sweet. Plus Jack did that whole magical mastering thing again!

You're wondering where I come into this equation, and the answer is simple: I don't. I'm just the bass player for the live shows.

You can stream his whole album via myspace @ http://www.myspace.com/thejovianchorus. And I've heard something about T-shirts and digital downloading directions can be purchased at the show. It starts early (9:00pm) and I hope to see you all there!

And last but not least!

Syna So Pro (that's me) CD Release party will be on Sat, October 10th @ The Luminary Center for the Arts. (10.10.09) It will be a night of live looping with Glass Waves and a Light Sleeper from Chicago. I'm pretty excited/scared/anxious/nervous/relieved/stressed and any other adjective you can think of. More details as the date approaches.

And...

some pics...

Glass Waves


a Light Sleeper


...that's all I got...

~Syrhea

No comments:

Post a Comment