Sunday, July 12, 2009

Probing the Biz and the Brain

In this past week I've come to the realization that I have no idea of what I'm doing:

How should I list the album info?
Do the little things really matter?
Should I include the people who helped my stars align or not?
Should I get the album registered with the Government?
Or is my post dated copyright enough?
Does it need some sort of publication?

I have no idea...

...then the paranoia sets in, with all these different scenarios coming about and what I could do to prevent it. It took 2 phone calls and a IM chat to calm my ass down. Not that I was really freaking out or anything...

...you know...

I also found a website that answered all of my previous (legal) freak outs above. Very helpful...so the wheels have slowed to their normal pace and my brain can function once more.

But I need to find a way to kill the little voice of doubt. Of all of the "nay-sayers" she s the most threatening to my success. If there was a way to shoot her (we'll call her Cyrhea...'Mario:Wario' anyone?) out of me, much like what Ed did to Brad in Fight Club, I'd jump at the chance. But, obviously, that isn't a valid option and I'll have to find my own way. I do know that she feeds off of the negative energy from others and I need to surround myself with more "successful" people to fuel my drive...in the positive direction. Lucky for me, I do have two people who's been supportive of me since day one. One of you were even behind me before the was anything to get behind. Two is not a lot, but it's better than zero and I thank you both.

This sudden reflection of my overall conscience of myself has caused me to wonder of the stage banter is taking it's toll on the issue. I think it works, and it's kind of my own way of making fun of myself. I know my close, close friends kinda get the pun/joke but when strangers ask, "Why are you so hard on yourself", it's probably time for a different approach.

I did, for the first time in ages, go out this past Saturday. My Brodurr came up to visit and we hit a Drum N Bass BBQ at a park in St. Ann. (he's a DJ by the way...ahem...A REAL ONE... ...*cough*) We then chilled for a while at a house party and I got to do something else I haven't done in a while. JAM! It ain't...It ain't too much to JAM! It ain't too much...IT AIN'T TO A MUCH FOR ME. LET'S JAM!

I jammed a little on the bass...
Then a little on the guitar...
Then a little on the drums...

Definitely needed the release and collaboration with others. After the session, my bro and I headed to The Upstairs' After Party, which, sadly to say, I ruined the rest of the fun to be had. I can barely stay up after midnight anymore from working myself ragged for the rekkid release. So we promptly left after last call and snapped a quick pic of us.



Awwwww....

The last time we were in a picture together was at least 5 years ago. INSANE!

I will be "getting out of the cave" again for the Sonic Youth show this Friday. See you there? Plus the stellas has the final show before recording fresh demos the Saturday after. (07.25.09) And last but not least, Jovian's Cd release show is slotted on 8.21.09 at the Firebird. So yes, I'll leave my cave for these events but I must stay focused on what needs to be done.

...that is all...

~Syrhea

No comments:

Post a Comment