Friday, December 4, 2009

The Beginning of the End

I've been procrastinating on writing up this blog for several days now...

There's plenty to blog about, but I'm slightly still in denial, upset and angry about the main post I'm going to quickly mention.

I'm sure most of you know by now that Stella Mora has decided to call it quits after our show tonight.

Why?

Honestly I still don't have an inkling of an idea. This is by far the best line-up we've had. We all get a long with each other, and we play some pretty awesome shows. Sure our "show-load" has slowed down this past year, but that's life at times. The notion of not feeling like doing it anymore is absolutely unfathomable to me and therefore doesn't compute as a legitimate reason to quit.

But we did have a great 3 year run with many ups and a lot of downs, in the beginnings (at least for me), with a ridiculous amount of members throughout the years. I'm going to try my hardest to not get too emotional tonight at our final show. Sounds pretty stupid but the time invested in all of our songs is numerous, as well as this is the longest run I've ever played in a band. So of course I'm going to feel like a huge musical chunk has been stolen from me. But like I said earlier, that's life at times and I guess my sensitive ass needs to get over it. (Give me about a year)

So please, please, please, I implore you to come out to the Firebird tonight, find me sulking in a corner somewhere, grab me and take me to the bar, and from there we can enjoy a drink together.


*sniff*


Anyway, on the Syna front. Been doing a lot of research on radio stations in the regional area and the album should be available digitally (itunes and the like) here in the next month or so.

I'm also playing at APOP Records this Saturday with Mavis Concave, Eric Hall, .e, Evolve, and John Tamm-Buckle.



That is pretty much it.
Hope to see a lot of you at the final stella show tonight.

RIP Stella Mora: 11/29/06 our first show - 12/04/09 our feedback finale



~Syrhea

3 comments:

  1. Sending some love your way... Rock it hard tonight!!

    SLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. A talented group of individuals only have one way to go ....up. They just may be in different elevators, in different buildings.

    Hopefully I can make it out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think georgie harrison wrote an entire album about this sort of thing. if you listen hard i think you can hear an ebow.

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=GytPv_v29lc

    ReplyDelete