Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chicago and le Wood

So, this is way late...

What can I say other than I wanted a little break. I had actually written a 'day by day' run through of our (Dottie plus me) trip to Chicago. I was going to post it...but it was stupidly long, and I didn't want to proof read it or bore you all with my overly detailed dribble. Plus I was being lazy. So I'll tell you how Chicago was in 12 short sentences...


  • 1 - Dottie fell 2 hours after arriving resulting in a terribly bruised foot and ankle.

  • 2- -We stayed, for 2 of the 3 nights, at Bill Tucker's apartment with another artist Derek (Mallow Hazard)

  • 3 - I actually had to go to Guitar Center twice that weekend and knew it was going to be just a douchey (sp?) in Chicago as it is here in StL.

  • 4 - Had some vegan pizza and it was delicious

  • 5 - Bill, Derek, Dottie and I all played awesome sets the first night at Fill in the Blank Art Gallery

  • 6 - a Light Sleeper helped me unload and load the gear Saturday night, since Dottie's foot was non-weight bearing

  • 7 - Derek, Dottie, Bill, Kristen, and I stayed up until 3 am talking of old high school stories, Michael, how gay 2012 is going to be, as well as taking pictures of Dottie's foot.

  • 8 - Dheeru's apartment has ridiculous amounts of stairs.

  • 9 - Honey BBQ was delicious

  • 10 - Fellow former shoegazers Matt and Julien came out to Cole's in full support on a Sunday night.

  • 11 - The Sunday show was surprisingly awesome considering the day of the week, the L running every 15 minutes, and our overall exhaustion from the trip.

  • 12 - We fell asleep around 4am on Monday morning resulting in about 3 hours of sleep before we loaded gear and headed back to StL.


In a nutshell, I had loads of fun and I'm confident that Dottie will laugh at the experience in the future... It's not sad, it's awesome!

This past Friday I played the Maplewood Arts Walk at the Turner Center for the Arts on Sutton. Unfortunately I didn't arrive there until, literally, 15 minutes before I was scheduled to play. I had absolutely no time to check out the event and I regret that I had to work that day. The show went ...eh... reasonably well. I didn't practice at all between the shows in Chicago and the Maplewood shows. But I still managed to reach a handful of people there resulting in a success.

I uploaded a song that I performed in Chicago to youtube and facebook today...
check it out...




I'm still struggling with the video camera.

First, at my CD Release show, I set it up, but never hit record.

Then, a month later, I forget the camera entirely.

After that, in Chicago, I repeated to set up the camera but never hit record on the first night. The second night, I set it up, didn't hit record, while on stage, asked one of the audience members to record me, only to have the battery run out after one song.

At the Turner show in Maplewood, I left it in the car.

I don't know why I can't remember to do these basic things...

...oh well.

I also revamped my website (synasoloproject.com) and would kindly appreciate any and all feedback. Just let me know what you like or don't like.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
I'm planning on eating myself into a coma this year.

...

...

~Syrhea

No comments:

Post a Comment