Monday, September 21, 2009

God I'm Weird...

So, despite previous circumstances, the show last Thursday went pretty well. I was testing out if I could in some way use the PA as my own monitor. That was an epic fail. I don't think I'll have anything to worry about on the 10th, and I might not have much to worry about on the 9th...

Oh yes the 9th! So, I'm playing a show in Urbana IL the night before my release on the 10th of October. Should I really be doing this? Will I jinx myself? I've actually already thought of those two questions, so I'll only be doing another a'capella set and try my hardest to fight the urge to drink and party with the rest of them. Plus I'm thinking this should be a perfect opportunity to sell some disks the night before the release. Get a little bit more exposure. a Light Sleeper hooked me up with this show at the last minute and I'm appreciative, but I only wished that I had shipped some disks out to the north side earlier to get better publicity and promotion.

But back to the show on the 17th. For those that were there, you all knew that I didn't have enough time to program "stage banter" scripts into my loop pedal. So there was unbearable, for me anyway, silence in-between songs. I'm not sure what has happened to me in the last several months...I guess working feverishly in a hermit state has caused me to forget how to be social and work a room or a crowd. I was a little bit more awkwardly weird than usual and I have no effing clue as to why. And for some reason, I'm still afraid to look at my audience while I'm playing. What is up with that? What's happening to me? Where did all this fear come from? It could have been because I was immediately following Daniel Francis Doyle because he's friggin' awesome, but BAH! I've even noticed this quirk during the last stella show. I wasn't working the crowd, just kinda sitting off to myself extremely tired and ready to play so that I could go home and sleep. Yes, I had a lot on my mind about planning this release but geez! This is something I definitely need to work on in the next coming months because I want to give it my all in Chicago. .e and I are going to rock that city, with are ethereal-like qualities.

Anyway, I guess you all need a little bit more poking than usual. Do you guys not want free merchandise? How could you not want free stuff? Well, If You Really Want It, sign up on my mailing list and I'll send you a ticket that you must present to me on the 10th of October at my Listening Party. Give me the ticket, I give you free stuff. It's not that hard peeps!

Once again, in case you forgot: (I'll be posting this every week until the show's happened)



Tell a friend, bring a friend!

...that's all I got...
~Syrhea

No comments:

Post a Comment