Sunday, June 20, 2010

Clarification and Catch Up

First, Happy Father's Day!

So, yeah...

It's been forever since I've done this...

Shame on me. I didn't mean to take a 3 month hiatus on the blog posts, but that's what happened.


Since 2010 is half over, I'd like to revisit my goals for this year.

  • recording my next album - temporarily on hold

  • adding a live drummer to the live set - still looking for a drummer (know anyone?)

  • summer regional tour - today is the first day of summer...I have no dates booked

  • finalizing the fairy concept album (story and songs) - Oooh! Almost done with this one!



Needless to say, I still have a lot of work cut out for the remainder of the year.

I have been playing a bunch of cool shows in the past few months, that I didn't blog about. I'll do a quick recap in a bit but I do want to clarify something that has been bothering me lately. I've noticed that the press has been dubbing the "One Woman Musical Enigma" as a self proclaimed title, which is not true. Amanda Wells from Landlocked Media called me that a couple years ago and I just decided to run with it. Mostly because it sounds cool and I know damn well I couldn't think of anything on my own.

Why is this bothering me?

I don't know why but I feel like when something that bold is "self proclaimed", it means I'm arrogant as shit. I mean C'mon, my name is Syna So Pro, and I'm constantly having to re-iterate the "So Pro" part means "Solo Project" not "So Professional". So when I ran across my in-studio performance, and a recent album review that has this self proclamation, I feel... ah I don't know...vain... and lame for being that vain. So I guess before this gets too far out of hand, I need to change the artwork to reflect that Amanda Wells stated the quote, not me.

...
I'll probably get to that in about 3 months.

But the last few shows I've played have been very interesting:

June 4th @ Firebird
I pretty much killed it. One of the best shows I've played in a while. Plus had a great time watching The Breaks debut their first show, as well as Russell Bliss perfecting their performance.

June 5th @ RFT Showcase
Yeah...I sang a lot. People really really dug it. But the PA system was not powerful enough to handle my set up. Plus I was having some weird volume issues with the drum machine. I still feel as though I finished strong and I think I blew some minds.

June 9th @ Darkroom (Chicago, IL)
Uhh...I have been trying and trying to block this terrible memory from my skull. I have absolutely no idea what happened. Basically, my rig failed me in a way it has never fail me before rendering me looking utterly confused and desperately trying to figure out the problem, while everyone stares at me in silence. I finally just gave up and did an acapella set to finish off the show, but Good God that was embarrassing!

June 24th @ CAMSTL
I'm hoping the trend of "BEST SHOW EVER" to "WORST SHOW EVER" stops here. I'm playing with 3 really awesome bands and I want to impress all.

Time for the Facebook Event!


Before I go, I'll try to update you fine people a bit more often...
I'd say about twice a month.

...until next time...

~Syrhea

No comments:

Post a Comment